Corey D. Bowie
Susan M. Keith
Greg J. Bjelke
Samuel L. Randolph
Benny L. Tucker
Bennie Ruth Crenshaw
The Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each
Meetings are held at 5:00 pm in the Council Chamber on
the second floor of City Hall, 222 Broad Street.
Now there are two great ways to follow City
Office of the City Council
PO Box 450
Selma, AL 36702
am to 4:30 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Appoint or approve citizens to governing boards;
- Create laws and ordinances;
- Conduct city business in a public arena;
- Develop policies and oversee the use of public funds;
- Manage public properties;
- Provide public forums for the voice of the citizenry; and,
- Provide for the safety, security, and well being of the constituency of Selma.
City Council Meetings
The Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. Work Sessions are held
on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. Meetings are held at 5:00 pm in the Council Chamber
on the second floor of City Hall, 222 Broad Street. Changes in dates will be posted seven days prior to meeting.
Meetings are broadcast live on WHBB 1490 AM radio and streamed live on the
To be placed on the agenda, contact the Council
Administrative Assistant by 12:00 noon on the Thursday prior to a meeting.