Becoming a Police Officer
Selma Police Department Recruiting
The Selma Police Department is committed to the Community. We seek to employ only the finest and most qualified candidates to Serve and Protect the citizen’s of Selma. Applicants should possess good character, ethics, and carry themselves in a professional manner.
Entry Patrolman Salary $40,010.88 ($18.32 per hour)
Top Patrolman Salary $58,574.88 ($26.82 per hour)
- Competitive Salary Overtime Pay.
- Specialized Training.
- Retirement after 25 years.
- Uniforms and Equipment provided by City
- 12 hour Shift.
- Shift Differential Pay.
- Applicant must be at least 21.
- Have an accredited High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to pass agility test.
- Must be able to pass written test.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Must be able to pass medical/drug screening.
- Must be able to complete one year probationary period.
- Application submitted to personnel department.
- Physical agility test.
- Written test.
- Backgroud investication.
- Polygraph exam.
- Psychological exam.
- Oral review board.
- Medical/drug screening.
- Chief interview.
Back to Police Department
Chief of Police
Selma Police Department
1300 Alabama Avenue
Selma, AL 36703
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Direct Line: (334) 874-6611
Report Incidents 24/7: