Taxes and Licenses
Selma, Alabama Code of Ordinances Chapter 16:
License and Business Regulation
The City of Selma requires all business, trade or profession to obtain a privilege license prior to conducting any type of business in the City of Selma and Police Jurisdiction. The code applies to individuals, partnerships, corporations, limited liability corporations, independent contractors, and sole proprietors.
- Business License Payment Season
- Initial License: Anytime
- Renewal: Payable January 1st to January 31st
- 1 February (Penalty – 15%)
- 1 March (Penalty – 30%)
- Business License Application – Commercial, Home Based, Virtual, Contractor
Inspection: In accordance with Chapter 16 of the Selma Alabama code of Ordinance, an inspection of the business is required. To schedule the inspection, please email or call the number for the respective department to request scheduling of the inspection.
- Methods: Credit Card, Check, Cash
- Mail: PO Box 450 Selma, AL 36702
- Phone: 334.874.2112 or 334.874.2113
- Drop Box Location: 1103 Selma Ave Selma, AL 36701 (Connected to the Book Drop on the Washington Street side of the library)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can my business operate before I pass all the required inspections?
Return to Tax and License
Interim Tax Collector
Tax & License
222 Broad Street
Selma, AL 36701
8:30 am to 4:30 pm