Taxes and Licenses



Tax & License 
222 Broad Street
Selma, AL 36701


7:00am to 4:30pm


(334) 874-2112
(334) 874-2113


Garbage Collection Delinquency

Selma, Alabama Code of Ordinances Chapter 20: Garbage and Trash

  • Mandatory public participation.A mandatory residential garbage collection, hauling and disposal service shall be conducted and performed within the city by the city or an independent waste contractor in accordance with the terms of the existing contract with the city.
  • It is mandatory for all residential premises, family units, occupants, or persons, etc., within the corporate limits of the city to which municipal garbage selection services are made available to participate in and subscribe to the city’s garbage system pursuant to the provisions of this article and pay to the city or its contractor such fees and charges for the same as are established herein.
  • LDI is the designated Garbage Provider


On-Time Payments


Contact Information


Garbage Ordinance

  • Link to the Ordinance
  • 13 March 2022, The Re-Engineered Garbage Ordinance will take effect
    • Major Changes
      • Property Owners will be responsible for the payment of Garbage Bill to Liberty Disposal Inc (LDI) for their respective occupied properties.
      • Occupants who are not the property owner will no longer be responsible for payments to LDI. The property owner will be responsible.
      • Garbage Exemptions will be honored for the property owner only.
      • Property Owners who become delinquent will make delinquent payments to the City of Selma.
      • Property Owners, who are delinquent, will have a lien placed on their property

Delinquent Payments

  • Methods: Credit Card, Check, Cash
  • Mail: PO Box 450 Selma, AL 36702
  • Phone: 334.874.2112 or 334.874.2113
  • Drop Box Location: 1103 Selma Ave Selma, AL 36701 (Connected to the Book Drop on the Washington Street side of the library)


Garbage Explanation – Public Service Announcement

The City Council has adopted an Ordinance that transitioned payment responsibility from Non-property owners to property owners.

On March 13, 2022, Liberty Disposal began sending the Garbage bill for the property to the property owner who is listed for the property.

The property owner will be responsible for paying Liberty Disposal through the following methods:

Online:             Phone: 334.782.1702         DropBox: 212B Highland Ave Selma, AL 36701

————————————————–What now? ——————————————————-

Property Owner

  • Please contact Liberty Disposal at or 334.782.1702 to update your contact information for billing purposes.

————————————-If You Receive a Bill for an Empty Lot —————————————–

Property Owner

Provide the following statement in the email

  • Name: Property Owner Name Address: Property Address
  • Statement: The property located at XXXX Selma Ave is an empty lot. Please do not issue a garbage can or bill for this location.

——————————————– Bill for Vacant Property ———————————————–

Property Owner

Provide the following statement in the email

  • Name: John X Doe Address: XXXX Selma Ave Selma, Al 36701

Statement: The property located at XXXX Selma Ave is vacant at this time. Please do not issue a garbage can or bill for this location. I understand it is my responsibility to notify LDI once the property is occupied.

———————————————- Automatic Payments ————————————————

Non-Property Owner

  • If you have automatic payments for your service – Please contact LDI to stop the payment
  • Please email questions to or call 334.874.2112

Contact Information

          • Email:
          • Mail: PO Box 450 Selma, AL 36702
          • Phone: 334.782.1702

Tax and License